My name is Melissa Spoelstra. First and foremost I am a Christ-follower. I am madly in love with Jesus and addicted to the study of His Word. This blog contains my musings about what God is teaching me on any given day. I am passionate about knowing Christ and inspiring other women to seek Him by opening our ears to listen to His Spirit, reading His Word curiously, asking questions, exercising good hermeneutics, and clinging tightly to God through the storms of life.
Talking about this stuff is much easier than actually living it out in everyday life. As wife to my awesome pastor husband Sean, and mother to Zach(25), Abby(21), Sara(21), Rachel(19), and foster mom to Alex (15) – I am working out my faith on a daily basis. Between sports practices, doctor’s appointments, church stuff, and the minutia of everyday life, I need God’s Word to draw me back to the things of first importance. I hope this site encourages you to do the same.
Other stuff about me. I have a degree in Bible Theology from Moody Bible Institute. I am a contributor for Girlfriends in God online devotional as well as Proverbs 31 ministries First Five app. I’ve written seven Bible studies complete with teaching videos, leader’s guide, and participant workbooks.
- Jeremiah: Daring to Hope in an Unstable World (2014),
- Joseph: The Journey to Forgivness (2015),
- First Corinthians: Living Love When We Disagree (2016),
- Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More (2017);
- Elijah: Spiritual Stamina in Every Season (2018);
- Romans: Good News that Changes Everything (2019).
- Names of God: His Character Revealed (2020).
- Acts: Awakening to God in Everyday Life (2021).
- Coming Soon with Lifeway Women – Isaiah: Striving Less and Trusting God More (June 1, 2022)
I also wrote
- Total Family Makeover: 8 practical steps to making disciples at home,
- Total Christmas Makeover: 31 devotions to celebrate with purpose,
- 30 Days of Prayer for Spiritual Stamina
- Dare to Hope: Living Intentionally in an Unstable World.
I’m following God through every door He opens and pray that all glory in these endeavors is His alone.