I’m looking for three apprentices who are interested in learning more about speaking and writing as they follow God’s call on their lives. (You can live anywhere across the country as most of our interaction will be via zoom, email, and social media.) This one year commitment will provide experience, feedback, and coaching as you seek to discern God’s path. This team will benefit from a mentoring relationship which includes:
- Monthly team meeting (via zoom) which will include a ministry update, coaching content for writers/speakers, as well as answering any personal or ministry questions.
- Personal one hour meeting (via zoom) for one-on-one coaching and accountability each month.
- Opportunity to travel to a speaking engagement and meet ministry partners or to come to a Bible study taping in Nashville.
Please apply by November 1st to be considered for one of the following three positions:
Design Apprentice– The design apprentice will oversee projects including blog and social media graphics, mail chimp email design, and all things related to the website. This person will also oversee social media profiles and help with book launch teams. While they will primarily focus on design, they will receive opportunities to work with writing and speaking as well.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the questions below in addition to a design sample.
Content Apprentice -The content apprentice will pull content to format for blog posts, copy edit articles and manuscripts, organize sources and footnotes, and help with pilot groups who preview content. While her main area of focus will be writing, she will have opportunities to learn about speaking as well.
Please apply by emailing Melissa@melissaspoelstra.com with your answers to the questions below in addition to a writing sample(article, blog post, written testimony, etc.)
Communication Apprentice – The communication apprentice will answer emails coming through the website, order books and track inventory, contact book winners and send them products, input new prayer team members, and oversee the ministry schedule. While her primary focus will be organization and communication, she will have exposure to writing and speaking aspects of ministry.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com with your answers to the questions below.
- Which apprentice position would you like to apply for?
- What skills and experience will you bring to this position?
- How are you currently serving in your local church?
- How have you sensed the Lord’s personal call on your life in regards to writing and/or speaking?
- What dreams do you have for the future as you serve the Lord using your gifts?
- What other responsibilities do you currently have (family/work/ministry) and how will you have the margin to contribute a minimum of ten hours a month to this apprenticeship?
- Do you have availability at 10am one Wednesday a month for a team meeting on Zoom?
- What else would you like me to know in considering you for this position?
- Please link to your blog/social media pages here:
Thanks in advance for your interest in an apprenticeship!
“My apprenticeship with Melissa exceeded my expectations! I expected to contribute to her ministry, but I also received practical training, motivation, and direction for God’s calling on my life. During my year of apprenticing I published a Bible study and grew exponentially as an author. I also gained design, social media, speaking, and book launching experience. Melissa’s heart for the Lord and for growing women in ministry is genuine and her own ministry is one I’m proud to get behind. I’m thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord alongside Melissa this year. What a blessing!” Rachel Risner Design Apprentice 2020
The year 2020 has brought a lot of ups and downs and uncertainties, but it has also given lots of room for thanksgiving. One thing I am very thankful for is the growth I have obtained from my apprenticeship opportunity with Melissa during such a year as the one we have all had. Not only have I grown in my writing and speaking, but I have grown in my relationship with Jesus and in my spiritual maturity. Furthermore, I have gained a new confidence that allows me to be bold for Christ and a willingness to follow His guidance no matter what it means. I have been extremely blessed by this opportunity and the personal growth (on many levels) that it has instilled within me; and I am forever thankful for the relationships that have been built this year with Melissa and the other apprentices! Cassi Crane, Content Apprentice 2020